Project 662 flush deck shares the same hull lines with 661, raised saloon version. The concept is still the same intelligently blending elegance and performance in a boat that is easily handled and uncomplicated to sail.
662 can be sailed shorthanded by two or three people for coastal cruising, and will be competitively fast in a race course with a racing crew. The deck layout has been optimized with cruising in mind and the lifting keel will make it easier to visit and anchor at at shallow water bays. This boat is really a fast cruiser…
Stimson Yachts carefully considered the elements of cost, complexity and performance throughout the design loop, Hi-Modulus engineered composite Eglass, Foam and Epoxy construction composite minimises structural weight and maximise the ballast ratio. The end result is a fast, well-appointed yacht, which will be uncomplicated to sail.
The primary interior structures are made of lightweight E-glass/foam core/epoxy sandwich panels, with non-structural joinery fabricated from light weight plywood.
This 66 footer will offer the speed, stability and control that the owner requires for short handed sailing, Sailing gear inclues Hydraulic winches and a powered headsail furler. The non-overlapping headsails are easy to tack and has both self tacking and conventional rail options. The complexity of a spinnaker pole and the crew required to operate it are removed by adopting a fixed bowsprit and asymmetrical spinnakers as well as a CodeZero.
- LOA:20 meters
- Draft: 3,60 meters / lifted keel :2,60 meters
- Max Beam: 5,60 meters
- Displacement: 25 T
- Fresh Water Capacity: 1,000 Litres
- Black Water capacity: 600 Litres
- Fuel Capacity: 400 Litres
Sails North Sails
- Main Sail: 130 M2
- Furling Genoa (%106): 95 M2
- Stay Sail: 50 M2
- Asymetrical Sail: 385 M
- Monolithic hull bottom below the waterline
- Hull topsides, deck, and all structural bulkheads in epoxy-glass with foam core cured to
80 degrees celcius
- Watertight bulkheads in Forepeak and Aft.
- Mast support is solid epoxy e-glass laminate
- Hydrodynamically optimised low drag lead bulb with cast iron keel fin. A high surface
upper flange allows distrubution of grounfing forces to the structure of the boat.
- Composite rudder built over carbon stock
- Carbon bowsprit without bobstay for practicality in anchoring.
- A 2000 W electric anchor windlass is recessed in achor well. 30 Kg anchor, 120 meter
- SS mooring cleats, 2 in front, 2 in middle, 2 in aft
- Hella Led navigation lights
- Solimar Low flush composite hatches
- Chainplates in carbon composite
- Sliding companionway hatch with water drainage
- Recessed storage space for spraydodger with canvas cover, sprayhood
2 cockpit lockers
- Self Tailing hydraulic Harken winches
- Spinlock Clutches
- 2 steering console pedestals with instruments
- Emergency steering
- Hydraulically operated folding stern platform, stowage for dingy
- Teak decking overall
- Teak cockpit table
- SS swim ladder with teak steps
- Hot and cold cockpit shower
Mast and Rigging
- Keel stepped Marström Carbon mast with swept back spreaders
- Hydraulic mast step and mast jack
- MaxSpar Carbon Boom
- Hydraulic Vang, Backstay, Outhaul
- Rod Standing Rigging
- Hydaulic Furling Jib
- Deck lights and mooring light
- All joinery in veneered marine plywood
- Joinery and panles varnished with satin gloss varnish
- Laminated doors
- Shades or curtains for all hatches, windows and portholes
Led lightning through-out
Owner’s Cabin Forward
- Full-size double berth
- Shelf and lockers.
- Mattress 12 to 15cm foam, fabric covered
- Stowage under the berth.
- A large hanging locker to starboard against the main bulkhead,
- Additional locker to port against main bulkhead
- A comfortable settee to the starboard
- Opening hatches with roller blinds on the cabin ceiling.
- 220 V outlet, Flat screen TV, tinted hull windows
Owner’s Cabin Toilet Compartment
- Separate enclosed shower
- Pressurised hot/cold water.
- Electrical marine head (Tecma) with a black water tank
- Varnished Carbon countertops
- Teak floors
- Lockers below the washbasin
- Cabinets above and below the wash basin
- 220 V outlet
Aft Cabins (PORT AND STARBOARD)
- Access from the saloon, starboard cabin 2 single beds / port cabin 1 double bed
- Ensuite heads with shower
- Hanging locker to the boat side
- A full-size double berths, single beds possible
- Mattresses 12-15 cm foam, fabric covered
- Stowage under berths.
- Hull side liners in foam-backed fabric
- A hanging locker with a shelf above.
- Teak Floor
- 2 reading spot lights.
- 220 V outlet
- Inspection hatch with fireport allowing access to the engine compartment.
- An opening portlight to the cockpit side with a shade
- Shelves for small items on the sides.
Sail Locker – Crew Compartment
- The front section of the yacht forms a sail locker and is separated from the rest of the
yacht by a watertight bulkhead to enable storage of sailing gear, and serve as crew
- Small wash basin, concealed head.
- An automatic bilge pump is installed in the bottom of the locker aft
- A large opening hatch on the locker ceiling
- Electrical Bowthruster underneath the sole
Electrical / Mechanical
- Yanmar engine is mounted on resilient mounts with special hard rubber to prevent
- Folding 3-blade propeller Bruntons
- Sound and heat insulated engine compartment
- Access to engine from 3 sides
- A fuel filter with water separator is built in the fuel supply system.
- A single lever engine control, is mounted on the starboard side of the steering position.
- The starting key (main switch) is mounted on engine panel outside the boat
- Two aluminium fuel tanks
- 24 V DC/ 220 V AC
- 18 KVA generator
- Inverter and Charger
- Sidepower 9,6 KW bowthruster
|Length||: 20.00 m mt.|
|Beam||: 5.60 m mt.|
|Draft||: 3.60 m mt.|
|Construction||: Foam Cored and Monolthic Epoxy Composite|
|Engines||: 1X Yanmar Diesel 160 Hp|
|Marina||: Bodrum, Turkey|
|Builder||: Windseeker Yacht|
|Exterior Designer||: Christian Stimson|