WIM VAN DER VALK 17.00 CONTINENTAL – 2006/2007
The Continental One is an aft-cabin yacht typified by a characteristic Dutch design. It is mainly built in full displacement with a steel hull and steel superstructure (hard chine, moderately V-shaped hull design).
As with all Van der Valk s the interior detailing is custom built. This ship features lovely Teak woodwork which is offset by luxurious cream leather seating in the saloon and wheelhouse. The wheelhouse is open to the Saloon and there is a real air of comfort and spaciousness about the ship,
The Saloon features a full DVD surround sound system and a large LCD TV. The Saloon sofa also converts to an additional berth if required. The large Dinette had leather seating and two movable chairs with Internal storage.
The whole boat benefits floor heating and Air Conditioning throughout all areas.
The Wheelhouse has the comprehensive helm to Starboard with seating and a table to Port.
Large, electrical sliding roof allowing Sunshine to flood into the wheelhouse. There is a hand basin, bar area and a drinks fridge with Ice Maker in the Wheelhouse. LCD TV and Radio/CD player. Teak doors open onto the large Aft Deck which has a splendid large Teak table and ample comfortable seating around it. These doors can be fully folded back in order to open up the Wheelhouse to the aft deck thus extending the flexibility of the ship still further.
Both the Wheelhouse and the Saloon benefit from electrically operated Luxaflex blinds for full privacy at the touch of a button. All portholes, sunroof and aft deck doors are fitted with full size fly screens.
- Forward Cabin, the guest suite is forward and has a full double berth and an en suite shower room.
- The Aft Cabin is simply amazing. It has a study area with a large desk which can be converted to a berth. This area can be closed off to the main Cabin and can become a single berthed children’s or captain cabin if required. The Master berth is in the middle of the-cabın and has a Glass panel depicting a Swan which divides the bathroom area. Separate WC and huge hanging cupboard in addition to further wardrobe and dressing table facilities. LCD TV.
- The Galley has Corian tops. Dishwasher, washing machine/ dryer combi, large refrigerator with a full deep freeze.
- There are marble wall and floor tiles m the shower.
- Marble flooring in the bathrooms.
- Under floor heating in all cabins and bathrooms.
* The heating is fully programmable just like home so there is no need to ever worry about the boat being cold in the morning or during her winter lay up.
- Loa :55,9ft- 17.00m
- Beam :16,5ft – 5m.
- Draft :4,11ft-1,65m
- Displacement :83776lbs – 38 tons.
- Fuel :879,88 gals-4000lts
- Fresh Water :241,97 gals-1100lts
- Waste :109,98gals-500lts
2 x VOLVO PENTA D9-500hp 1400 hrs
Two Volvo Penta D9 500 hp engines give an economical and whisper quiet cruise of 10 knots. There is a large on board Hydraulic pack which provides power for the Stabilizer system and the passerell plus the bow and stem thrusters. This really is a ship that two people can operate very easily.
Eternal engine and thruster controls on aft deck on both port and starboard sides make docking simplicity itself.
- Hydraulic 22HP bow and stern thrusters
- Aircon in all compartments
- Satellite TV antenna - KVH4
- Automatic shore power or generator switching
- 12 Kva ONAN generator (78 Hours)
- Kabola water heater/boiler for under floor heating system and domestic water.
The Helm a very comprehensive and well, laid out area, it features Raymarine E series equipment including 2 screens, Autopilot, Plotter, radar, VHF, two thruster controls, forward looking Sonar and controls for the four cameras providing views on both sides of the ship, the engine room and the aft aft areas of the ship. Comfortable swivel helm seat.
- 2 x E series Raymarine screens allowing display of engine gauges and all charts and radar in a variety of formats
- Stainless Steel Anchor and Chain
- Cameras for engine room, rear and both sides of ship.
Marine Grade oval profile Stainless steel on the-hull coaming.
Stainless steel protection rubbing strakes.
Dinghy supports & passerelle for lifting dinghy.
Stainless steel portholes and air intakes
Stainless steel large Oval hand railings all round ship.
Awl Grip paint system to entire ship.